Thursday, June 18, 2015

Surgery Update: Days 2 and 3

There's really not a whole lot to update which is good!

Connor has been recovering nicely.  Today we have started to wean him off his morphine and he's now getting some oxycontin and Tylenol to manage his pain.

Matt and I took a class this morning about g-tube care and what we can expect.  We have been working on being as hands on as possible with the tube.  So far we've done two feeds and meds all by ourselves.  We also just finished giving him his first sponge bath and cleaning the site.

Connor is now up to his goal feeds which is 150 mL (or 5 ounces) 6 times a day for a total of 30 ounces each day.
Here are some pictures of his progress!  Word is we may be going home tomorrow...exciting stuff!  :)


Fact.

 Started off with very slow amounts of Pedialyte!

Can you tell I'm eating right now?!

It was REALLY tough for him to not be on his tummy!


Something in my mouth feels different...


Such a sweet little toothless grin!

I got my stitches out today!

Ha, look at that hand!

We also moved rooms to a bigger room (hallelujah!).  And because I have way too much time on my hands...
.





No comments:

Post a Comment