Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's A Boy!

We had our ultrasound appointment today.  This morning I was SO nervous.  I was really scared something would be wrong with the anatomy scan.

When I was teaching my kids, I was fine.  But, as soon as the last one left, I got that dreaded feeling again.

We got there 15 minutes early (as usual) and were told there would be a delay and the tech was backed up.

So, we sat and waited and waited.  A not so pleasant part of our wait was a girl that threw up all over herself in the waiting room.  I would say more, but just can't even think about going there!

To get away from it all, I went back to give the standard urine sample.

After a while we got called back, but by then, I had to go to the bathroom again!  I was SO glad I did because the ultrasound probe was pressing all up against my bladder.

Boy oh boy, was our baby moving around.  The ultrasound tech found and pointed out the thigh bones and butt and I thought I saw something between the legs, but wasn't sure.  Then we moved on to looking at the head and making sure all parts of baby's body looked good.  It was amazing seeing the heartbeat and we were even able to listen to it.  Baby's heartbeat was 133 which is normal (120-160).

After some exploring we were finally able to see we are having a boy!  Our predictions were right!

It was SO surreal to see him moving all around and not be able to feel it.  The ultrasound tech said it would probably be 20-22 weeks until I could feel movement.  I feel SO much better after seeing him today though. He was so cute moving his arms and legs all around.  At one point it looked like he was waving hi!  Here are some pictures from our ultrasound today.





How far along? 17 weeks (almost 18!)
Total weight gain/loss: Down 1 pound.  I have no idea how because I have not been exercising (due to the heat) and certainly haven't been really watching what I eat.
Maternity clothes? It still hot, so I'm pretty much living in skirts and dresses for work. If I wear shorts on the weekends my belly band is MUST!
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Fine.  I do wake up with heartburn sometimes and it takes me a while to fall back asleep, but overall pretty good.
Best moment this week: Finding out it's a boy!
Miss Anything? Coke Zero & Diet Dr. Pepper.  A coworker of mine popped open a diet coke the other day and it smelled heavenly....
Movement: Nope.  The tech said it could be up to 22 weeks
Food cravings: None.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Aside from the lady barfing in the waiting room today, no.
Have you started to show yet: A little
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Lord I hope not!
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On, but I can't wear my right hand ring. I'm having lots of lovely skin issues (which I'm pretty sure is unrelated to pregnancy).
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but I definitely have my moments. I can get irritated quite easily :)
Looking forward to: Planning the nursery and starting our registry




No comments:

Post a Comment