Thursday, October 25, 2012

23 Weeks

It's hard to believe that tomorrow I will be 24 weeks along!

It's also hard to believe that if he were born now, he would at least have a chance of survival.  Is that totally morbid to think of?  I'm pretty sure it is, but oh well.



How far along? 23 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: According to the doctor at our last appointment, 10 pounds gained.  
Maternity clothes? Yes.  Matt and I went and bought 2 pairs of work pants for me this weekend.  I have definitely "popped" within the last couple of weeks.  I can still wear regular skirts, but not for much longer.  I'm still wearing all regular shirts.
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well.  I sometimes have a hard time falling back asleep if Matt's lamp is on (due to working late or not being in bed yet).  Here's a funny story Matt told me:
       Last week Matt asked me if I remembered yelling at him one night while I was asleep.  I was really confused because I had no recollection whatsoever.  He told me that he was reading and nicely nudged me and told me to turn and lay on my side.  Evidently I threw my hand in the air and yelled "Leave me alone!"  He sat there in wide-mouthed in shock for a minute.  He thought for sure he had woken me up and I was mad.  However, I remember nothing.  Scary! Best moment this week: We {somewhat} finished our registry at Babies R' Us.  However, we currently have like 2 monitors on there so we need to decide which kind we want (video or motion sensor).  Plus, we're still unsure of the car seat and stroller.  There are still some things we'll add and adjust and we'll continue updating our Amazon registry.  
Miss Anything? The ability to bend over and tie my shoe and pick things up.  It's not that I can't, because I can, it's just different.  I don't really know how to explain it.  
Movement: Yes. We think Matt felt him the other night, but we're not sure.  Soon though!
Food cravings: None.  When I'm hungry, I want to eat ASAP though!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really
Have you started to show yet: Yep!
Gender: Still a boy!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Everything baby related...nothing in particular
Other:  One thing I've experienced daily (and for a long while now) is heartburn.  Tums is seriously my BFF.  I have a snack baggy of them in my drawer at work and usually have to pop one after work.  Also, I have really bad lower rib pain on my right side.  Standing for a long period of time is usually what causes it to "flare" up.  It hurts pretty bad, but definitely something I can deal with.

I am not a fan of this picture (I think I look like a witch!).  BUT, this is the shirt I made to wear on gamedays!  

1 comment:

  1. You do NOT look like a witch. I love that picture...you look so cute with your baby bump!

    ReplyDelete